blankets

blankets

Saturday 7 November 2015

Fireworks!

November the fifth has come and gone
but thoughts of it still linger
I held a banger in my hand.
Has anyone seen my finger?
 
 
I am not sure who wrote that poem but it is one that has stuck in my head since I was a child. Got to love Bonfire night with all the loud noises and pretty fireworks displays. This year I took my kiddies to the display at my local rugby club and as usual it was fabulous. We drank tea, got rained on and did plenty of oohing and ahhing at the lovely colours that appeared in the night sky. Then went home for hot chocolate and snacks.

While we were there we saw a few people wearing bobble hats, they are the height of fashion this season so my 7 year old daughter tells me. And of cause she wants one. After much discussion and debate she settled on yellow for her bobble hat, after another discussion on shades of yellow I managed to persuade her that vintage gold would be the best option, with the bobble and band done in black sparkle.

Thursday night I stayed up until 2am googling stitch patterns and working out how to turn them into the shape and size that I wanted. And I am pleased to say today I finally finished her bobble hat. She loves it thankfully and has announced that she might even wear it to bed. So why did it take to long to make a simple hat?  I have an ear infection and that virus is still here too, so antibiotics, paracetamol, fluids and a fuzzy head have been the order of the day around here. Fun! I cannot wear my hearing aids so am having to lip read BUT I am having headaches which affect my sight. Much hilarity has ensued from this situation as you can imagine. I does mean that it takes me a lot longer to get things done though.

I have taken some rather iffy pics  so far but I will wait for daylight to try and take some better ones, I will then post the pattern. It is to be called the "Lauren bobble hat" so my daughter tells me. I hope you all like it as much as she does. Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment